New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheap component prices in Alaska?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know there are a lot of fellow Alaskans in this forum. Yesterday I got the NRA magazine in the mail along with a smallish NRA Cabelas catalog. Seemed to be some pretty good prices in there...if they'll ship the stuff up here. From memory (so don't complain if I am off by a coupla bucks!)....
100 .375HH brass...$36, plus lots of other good brass deals. It was Remington brass. The best I can find here is about $10 for 20.

8lbs H4831SC for something like $135

3lbs R19 or R15 for about $54

Seemed like lots of pretty reasonable prices...at least cheaper than I can find anywhere here in Anchorage. They had a whole page of Nosler bullets...didn't check the prices on those yet. If anyone else looks over the catalog and I'm wrong, this isn't a good deal....please email me and save me from myself!

jeff

Posts: 181 | Location: Anchorage, AK, USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raven045:
I know there are a lot of fellow Alaskans in this forum. Yesterday I got the NRA magazine in the mail along with a smallish NRA Cabelas catalog. Seemed to be some pretty good prices in there...if they'll ship the stuff up here. From memory (so don't complain if I am off by a coupla bucks!)....
100 .375HH brass...$36, plus lots of other good brass deals. It was Remington brass. The best I can find here is about $10 for 20.

8lbs H4831SC for something like $135

3lbs R19 or R15 for about $54

Seemed like lots of pretty reasonable prices...at least cheaper than I can find anywhere here in Anchorage. They had a whole page of Nosler bullets...didn't check the prices on those yet. If anyone else looks over the catalog and I'm wrong, this isn't a good deal....please email me and save me from myself!

jeff

BEWARE the shipping!!!
AKA the ALASKA DISCOUNT!!

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
Cabela's is consistently high priced,on reloading equipment.

Lock Stock and Barrel,MidSouth,Kinneman's,Graf & Sons,Natchez,etc,etc. Will beat their prices.

Lock Stock and Barrel,gets most of my money...............

one of us
posted Hide Post
I thought air conditioning and snow ice cream where the only cheap things in Alaska....

Mike

------------------
Victory through superior firepower!

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
If you want powder, the cheapest way to buy it is in quantity. Have them ship it to a freight forwarder in Seattle, plenty in the phone book, and pick it up at the dock in Anchorage. Save beaucoup bucks.

------------------

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I order from Cabela's quite often, but usually things that are not heavy such as bullets. For example, I ordered a rifle stock Thursday last week, and it was at my door yesterday (tuesday). It was shipped USPS at a shipping cost of $8.00. I buy loaded ammo at K-Mart, where I have purchased .338 Federal HE 225-grain TBBC, and also HE 250-grain NOS for $30.00 per box. Winchester ammo with 230-grain FS costs about $29.00. A box of 250-grain NOS costs $32.00 at K-Mart.

The sales person always tell me it would take 2 to 4 weeks for the merchandise to arrive to my home, but it only takes 4 to 5 work days because everything is shipped via aircraft.

Posts: 2448 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
<ty>
posted
I just moved back to Oregon from Eagle River
I was really suprised at the reloading prices at wallmart.and a pretty good selection.I dont know if they sell reloading stuff in Ancorage,but you might check.