Find
Notify
Tools

BL-C (2) in .33 WCF
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I am fixing to load some .33 WCF cartridges. Have some BL-C (2) that I don't use much. Looks like it should work OK in the .33 with 200 gr Hornady round nose bullets.

Looking for a suggested starting place. I thought maybe about 36 gr.

Could anybody smarter than I make a suggestion?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's some loads here, but none with BLC2.

http://stevespages.com/338_1_200.html

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Use the BL C2 in a modern cartridge with a moderate capacity at max pressure.
You will probably get a huge fire ball and tremendous concussion in the .33 Win. Use an IMR powder in this round.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find any loads for BL-C(2).

I use 44.0-IMR4320 with a the 200 gr. Hornady, a load I got out of the P. O. Ackley book.

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Use the BL C2 in a modern cartridge with a moderate capacity at max pressure.
You will probably get a huge fire ball and tremendous concussion in the .33 Win. Use an IMR powder in this round.

There are quite afew loads for the .32 Win Spec and .30-30 listed around for BL-C (2). The .32 is similar to the .33 and neither of those are really modern cartridges.

Explain the differences???

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not use BL-C(2) in the .30-30 or .32 Special either. Powder companies will provide loading that while safe are not necessarily desirable to shoot.
I found that it produces very accurate loads in the .222 but gunks up the barrel with plasticizer fouling. In a .270 with 90 grain bullets it produced a tremendous muzzle flash and concussion.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would not use BL-C(2) in the .30-30 or .32 Special either.

Thank you sir for your opinion!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Got enough support from others that it will be Ok to try it.

Gonna start with 36 gr of BL-C(2) and try to work up to 2000 fps on chronograph.

Gonna shoot 200 gr Hawk FP bullets as I can't get any Hornaday's right now.

J. Lane Easter, DVM