THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    the proper shell holder for actual, semi-rimmed .280 ross brass?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the proper shell holder for actual, semi-rimmed .280 ross brass?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
does anyone have, or can say for sure what is the proper shell holder for actual semi-rimmed .280 brass? now that RCC Brass is making real ross cases, i need a new shell holder. i bought one off ebay tody that is supposed to work. it also fits .450 rigby and .500 jeffry .

is this the proper shell holder? if not, what exactly do i need?

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CH4D shows (their #S) #6 for the Ross and #416 for the 450 and 500.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used RCBS .280 Ross die set for my .280 Ross 1905 Highland Stalker. It was supplied with an RCBS #26 shellholder. It worked well enough.

Posts: 6821 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
not only did my CH4D dies not come with a shell holder, it did not even say what the proper shell holder is.

when you say the #26 shell holder "worked well enough," was it made for the proper semi-rimmed case, such as you would see in kynoch?

what brass have you been using?

with rcbs showing #6, it seems like every chart i have looked at calls for a different shell holder. seriously, i am seeing so many numbers and surely not all of these are "cose enough" to work. it is making my brain hurt

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
w

ok, hoping i just fixed my situation. i already had a shell holder coming in from buffalo arms, and i think i ordered one from huntington's this week. i bought a #37 and now a #26 off ebay.

if i can't hold onto a piece of RCC Brass with at least one of those shell holders, then God did not intend for me to hold onto it.