Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for winchester .458wm brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted
I just got a model 70 in .458 and I want some winchester brass. Everyone that I have checked is out. Where can I get some?

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway??

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
458 brass is only made once or twice a year by
Winchester. There are several other cartridges
that also are made seasonally. Watch the suppliers and when they get it in stock, buy all
you need.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Midway shows it in stock: http://www.midwayusa.com/ebrowse.exe/browse?TabID=1&Cat...*652***670***9013***
You might also try Huntington's: http://www.huntingtons.com/cases_winchester.html

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BigBores
posted Hide Post
Winchester just replied to my inquiry about their "seasonal" run of .458 Win Mag. It's supposed to be out late June/early July this year.
There's almost always some on eBay.

GR
NRA Endowment Member

Read "Sixguns" by Keith.

Posts: 195 | Location: The AK Interior | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When you find it available buy up a good supply because it's true about the seasonal production and availability of those calibers.

For now buy a box of cheap (relatively!) Winchester "Super-X" in .458 Win and just get several loadings out of that brass until the supply line is full again in a couple months - then buy a couple hundred pieces to get you going full speed.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. I was able to find a hundred rounds at a local shop to my amazement. The norma and a-square brass is available but a bit pricy though.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote