Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leitner Wise .499
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know where I might find reloading data for .499 Leitner Wise? I have two uppers that I need to feed and the factory ammo is getting old.

Has anyone tried running any .500 cast bullets through one of these uppers? Something like the 700 grain bullets that ranger rick has been making in Alaska.

I also reload for .500 S&W so I should be able to use the 385 grain CLHP bullets from cabelas, but I need some powder/primer data.

Sorry for the spastic post...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Nedrick, Sounds like a good use for one of the Ballistic Software Programs. There are a couple out there which will get you "in the ballpark" after you supply the necessary measurements to them. And the measurements aren't all that difficult to make.

Just remember to watch for your Pressure Signs as you work your way up with their recommendations.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be careful to use hard lead bullets with a gas check to avoid lead deposition in the gas tube.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote