Find
Notify
Tools

WXR Loading Info Needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted
popcornWould like to get all the loading information and performance I can using WXR. If you have some please share. I just picked up 12 lbs. Cartridge does not matter at this point. Any information is appriciated. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Roger, I wish I had about half of your stash of that stuff. It works fine for me in the same application as RL-22. Mine was made at the Bofors plant in Sweden where Reloder powders were made at one time but I don't think now.

I have asked the Sierra and Hornady Technicians if it is the same as RL-22 and they said it was mighty close. I think it is the same.

It works really well for me in those 270 Federal Brass you sold me in the classifieds. Sierras accuracy load was 56.5 gr with the 130 gr. bullet. I started with that and it wasn't real good but when I hit 57.0, that is where I stayed with my Marlin XL-C and also brother in law's Ruger Tang safety 77.

I got the best accuracy with the Game King using Rem brass and Rem Magnum primers. Shoots consistant .5 - .75 at 100 yds.

I know that is not a fast load, but it is about right for the fragile Game King. I don''t have a chrony but I killed 4 deer and a big javelina with it this year out to 150 yds. all one shot kills, so it is sufficient for me. Brother in law killed 3 deer only difference being that he wanted Core Lokts so that's what he got. He won't shoot his factory stuff now.

Like you, I would appreciate knowing more about the powder since their is so little data for it.

Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too believe WXR and Reloader-22 are the same ,just different lots.I've loaded both and I'm getting about 15fps difference,with point of impacts being the same.I use this for my 7mag,7STW,300WSM and 300 Win Mag.

Posts: 359 | Location: Corpus Christi,Texas | Registered: 19 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by merganser1:
Hey Roger, I wish I had about half of your stash of that stuff. It works fine for me in the same application as RL-22.Merg

dancingGraf and sons has it on sale for 14.99/lb. Smiler. They have a one order $6.95 handling and insurance charge no shipping no matter how large or small the order. Two of my buddies and I split this charge and the hazmat.Really a great price for the times.This stuff is also made in Sweden! Eeker
Thought I'd stick close to H-4831 data for starters but sure appriciate other's input tu2 beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote