New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trim ZIP by Lee----Does it do the job?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw an ad for the trim zip on the lee website and was impressed by the ease of use. But I was concerned that the manual rod bought for each case length would be imprecise.

anyone want to warn me off on this one.
The price is sure right at about 25$

Posts: 155 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
IMO its fine.Lee kit is spot on.Thousands of cases must be trimmed every week using this method without fault.
The Zip Trimmer speeds things up nicely.

Posts: 457 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
For common size calibers and factory trim specs it is fast and easy. I like mine just fine.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I must agree with the previous posts. My Lee Zip Trim is an invaluable tool for my reloading needs. I use it to trim length, camphor the mouth, de-burr the flashhole, and even neck trimming (uniforming the neck thickness to a by shaving the OD).

I would recommend getting the universal chuck so you don't have to mess with the various sized shell holders that come with the Lee Case Trimmers. I use a small C-clamp to attach it to the edge of my bench, do my work with it, and then move it back out of the way till next time.

Simple, cheap and it works!

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
They work good they just don't last forever. I have one new one in the box sitting on the shelf. When the one I'm using breaks (it's usually the spring coil inside the housing which you can't fix), I put the new on the 2x4 block and order another one from Midway. Best I can figure they last about 1,000 cases or so.

They are much easier to use than the drills, easier on your hands. And when mounted on a piece of 2x4 and put in a vise they make an excellent platform for working on your cases.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote