New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: case tumblers which one?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have one from Midway. It is 20 years old and has been underwater once in a basement flood.
After the flood the motor was much louder but lasted more than 10 years.
The motor finally gave out. I called Midway looking for a replacement motor and was GIVEN a new tumbler!
I did explain to the sales girl that this was not considered a warrantable broken part but a well worn out motor. All the same they replaced it.
For years I was unhappy with the changes that Midway went through but now I am reconsidering.

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to have a Thumbler Tumbler that was the round type that rolled on the two shafts and was driven by a rubber belt. I switched to the vibrator type several years ago and I am SUPER HAPPY about that move. The old tumbler wouldn't hold much brass, the bushings on the roller shafts were always giving me a problem and it was just plain slow.

Once I went to the vibrator type, I could do more brass in a shorter time and get a better job done. By the way, the Vibrator type REALLY MOVES THE BRASS. If you open the top while it is running, you will see that it causes the media to constantly turn over in a rolling fashion. They really move the media.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The vibrator models work just fine. I get clean black powder cases out of mine, which is a tough job. Frankfort is the house brand name for some of Midway's product, IIRC.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote