New
Find
Notify
Tools

7.5x55 schmidt rubin bullets
 Login/Join

Picture of eriklupust
posted
hey fellas a buddy of mine bought rifle in this cal. having trouble finding bullets for reloading for it any help is welcome.
erik

Posts: 21 | Location: bc michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any .308 bullet will work fine. Go hear for more info!

http://p083.ezboard.com/btheswissriflesdotcommessageboard

Posts: 165 | Location: PA | Registered: 22 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I'm shooting .308 Sierra 168 & 175 MK through my K31 with great results.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://p083.ezboard.com/ftheswissriflesdotcommessageboa...ge?topicID=370.topic

Here is another link from the same sight.

Seat those bullets short, it has a very short throat.

I like 284 win brass sized in the 7.5*55 die.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
its the only rifle I know of that will shoot a true sub MOA with milsurp ammo, Although I haven't tried yet, I heard it is very hard to find a load that shoots as good as the milsurp stuff

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My buddy's got K-31, and I must say it truly surprised me. He shot a 1" group @ 200 yds using the milsurp ammo. (amazing).

I was lucky enough to be able to put a few rounds though it, and boy what a sweet shooting rifle.

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
the funny thing is I got mine for $79,shipped to my house, you should be able to find them all day for less than $100

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one, and will echo the reports with Swiss surplus ammo. Of course it cost $.35-.40/rd. I understand that the bullet is a super low drag shape and very ahead of its time. Other than the 168 & 175SMK, are there any other bullets that will match the milsurp ammo? Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
175 Berger VLD is a lot closer in profile to the Swiss's GP-11 ammo. And more costly. Best-o-Luck

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
Just shoot 165 SGKs for both deer and targets.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
<jerkface11>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by bja105:
Seat those bullets short, it has a very short throat.

Not all of them are have a short throat. The first one I bought would allow me to seat 220 grain bullets with them seated to the cannelure.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot 150 grain hornaday SPBT bullets with great success. You can match the accuracy of the Swiss ammo if you work at it. 180 grain Nosler BTs work real well to duplicate the Swiss tragectory.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
The cartridge is easy to load for but I recommend close attention to cartridge headspace because of action design regarding bolt lock-up. The K-31s I have typically shoot 1 1/2" with tailored loads @ 100 yards scoped using bulk .308 nato 147 fmjs or m2 pulldown bullets. Speer TnT's are better, Grafs privi partizan bulk 168 hpbts are sometimes 1 1/2" at 300( If all of my part clicks). Imr 4064 @ around 43/44 grains is the go to load for either weight. Some of these loads do out shoot the surplus Swiss ammo. The K-11 are the long throated guns and the chamber works with Lee dies well, while the K-31 Redding formula dies are better for that model's short throat and larger diameter shoulder. My old K-11 liked IMR 4350 and 170 Hornady flatpoints. Use a comparator on a Swiss cartridge to establish your loaded length with any of these these bullets. 180 Nosler BTs do indeed shoot well in the K-31. Regards.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the Berger 175 gr. VLD bullets...most similar to the factory bullets...and you don't have to seat them as deep as the other types.
Works well for me.
best Regards, Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote