New
Find
Notify
Tools

44 mag brass - Best choice?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have not purchased 44 mag brass in probably 15 years and now I need to obtain a new supply. Which brass do you folks consider to be the best ?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Honestly I'd be surprised if you could find a measurable difference between any of the major brands. Winchester has always worked well for me so that's what I use.

it's a fresh wind that ... Blows Against the Empire

Posts: 225 | Location: houston, tx | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
Don't know if it's "best" or not, the late Bob Milek liked Remington for hotter loads, read that somewhere in G&A, so thats what I use. Actually just sized 100 Monday and checked the length randomly on some of them, within .001 of one another,(1.275-76"). Same with that last 100 I did back in Sept.
I believe Remington brass is a bit thicker than say, Win., so it might hold up better than Win. in "HOT" loads. But can't be sure, I like it, so far. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From my personal experience, Winchester brass did not hold up to full house loads like Remington brass does.

I now only use Remington brass in just about everything I shoot, unless Rem. doesn't make the brass I need.

Posts: 265 | Location: Bulverde, Texas | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been a user of Hornady Brass for years. I use it for my 480Ruger,7mm mag, and for my .22-250. Although Hornady is pretty much the only place to get 480 brass.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
Try some Top Brass, from Scharch Mfg, in Salida Colorado. They pay the shipping on 500 rounds or more. It is very good brass and the price is very competetive. http://www.scharch.com/
I just got 500 pieces of 44 spl. brass and it is excellent.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used Winchester, Remington and Speer!

I prefer Speer!

Chuck - Retired USAF- Life Member, NRA & NAHC

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well shit,lol. Now I am even more confused,lol. But what the heck, Remington it is.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 454PB
posted Hide Post
http://www.starlinebrass.com/

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Posts: 52 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote