New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finding Primers: Which Mail-order Company
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where's the most likely place to find primers, especially Fed 215 Match Magnum primers?

one of us
posted Hide Post
i have looked on all web sites.. NOTHING.. everthing is on backorder

Posts: 1136 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the risk of sounding rude....Where the heck have you been for the last two years? I haven't been able to find 215's in bulk for at least that long.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cannot remember it ever being like this before. What is going on??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a day to drive around and hit every small rifle gun store and country store.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Basically, due to the election of an anti-gun president (on record), everyone is stocking up on ammo and AR-15's.

I guess that 45/70 Thumper question is the same one I have. Have you been out of the country for awhile?

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
Where's the most likely place to find primers, especially Fed 215 Match Magnum primers?

Just place an order from Graffs, they will not charge your CC until the primers are in stock.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Grafs...took about 3 weeks on back order for 5000 cci 200's. This was in April...

Posts: 228 | Location: Huson Montana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45/70 Thumper:
At the risk of sounding rude....Where the heck have you been for the last two years? I haven't been able to find 215's in bulk for at least that long.

I have seen plenty GM 215 until maybe 6-8 months ago now SR has been another thing they dried up to a trickle about 2 years ago.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I placed a powder order last Thursday from Grafs. I was astounded when the gal asked me "Do you need any primers?". I did a double take and when I recovered I told her "Yes, but you probably don't have any!"

She said she did and sold me 2K of WLR and 2K of WLRM!

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I would try graf's. place an order & wait. FWIW, I find that RPLR & CCIBR just as good as the Fed. if not better, at least in several carts/rifles I load for. The primer shortage started last Jan. & just gets worse. All you can do is place orders & wait or hit the local gunstore every day.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, As you must know I work at Big Bear Sports center in Billings, MT. We have started receiving our back orders of primers from cci. We currently have large rifle, large rifle benchrest, small pistol magnum, small pistol, and large pistol. We had small rifle about a week ago, but were sold out in about a week. We are also starting to receive brass and bullets. Maybe this shortage thing is easing a bit.

Posts: 29 | Location: Montana | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2drifters:
Gentlemen, As you must know I work at Big Bear Sports center in Billings, MT. We have started receiving our back orders of primers from cci. We currently have large rifle, large rifle benchrest, small pistol magnum, small pistol, and large pistol. We had small rifle about a week ago, but were sold out in about a week. We are also starting to receive brass and bullets. Maybe this shortage thing is easing a bit.

Here in Iowa, one of the shops I go to is beggining to see primers again. No small pistol, but a few large rifle, large rifle mag, and one box of large pistol today at noon.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Per jeffeosso, Carter's in Houston is starting to have a fairly regular supply of Winchester primers on the shelves again. It is getting better. Graf's is excellent. Place a backorder. Currently, being in the right place at the right time is the name of the game. Knowing the "right place" is even more inportant. Most components have been in short supply due to panic buying. I talked to Speer last Friday. They are not even going to run any more handgun bullets until 2010. They are just running rifle to catch up.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote