THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: anyone using the NEW PACT Trickler/Scale combo

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: anyone using the NEW PACT Trickler/Scale combo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The PACT and RCBS are made by the same company Buy the cheaper one. Cabela's had the set from RCBS on sale. I have the PACT set. I put all prepped brass in a block and put the bullet in upside down ( I do not drop as many that way). I set up for the powder being thrown (Warm up) Takes about 5 minutes to check thrower and scale. Set the grains. I push the button pick up the brass remove the bullet and pick up the funnel I have a load. About 6 seconds for 22-250 loads around 8-10 for 30-06 sized cases. I dump the powder put the pan down and hit the button. I have a new charge waiting by the time I seat the buulet and check run out. I bump the bullet into the case and turn it 180 deg then seat the bullet. Run out stays really close that way. I have had mine for 3 Xmas's works great. I have 4 buddies who have came over and used it. They all have them now. PACT has good deals at Christmas every year. Works great for working up to max and load devolpment. I would buy it again. If I was throwing a couple of hundred rounds a week or loading a few thousand for a P-dog shoot I would go with a bench rest thrower Harrels or something like it. Normal shooting 2-3 hundred rounds a month you can not beat it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have read all the previous threads about how slow to warm up, light sensitive, slow to trickle up a charge etc. Pacts new improved (came out mid 03) claims to cure all that. I would really appreciate hearing from those with THIS new model before dishing $280. THANKS

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Id like to know the same, Where has been the cheapest places to get the setup? Straight from Pact?

Posts: 17 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
price-wise Midway and many others sell the combo trickler and scale for $279 which is what Pact (direct) had as their Xmas special. I just want to hear that the common probs of being slow to warm, slow to weigh a charge are truely cured as that is a common theam in the old threads.

Posts: 896 | Location: Austin,TX USA | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
I have one that I use. It works as advertised. Not as fast as using a powder measure, but quite accurate load to load. One nice feature it has is that if you want to throw your loads quickerwith a measure a grain or two short, you can put it in the cup, and it will automatically trickle the last few grains. That's my secret for getting speed and accuracy. Jeff

BTW: I bought mine right from PACT's website. They are the cheapest place i've found to buy one.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote