Find
Notify
Tools

Finally tried the TSX- Great results
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
30-06, 168 gr TSX, 58 grains of H4350, +0.045" off the lands = Great accuracy

Shoots as well as match or BT's in my rifle.

I do believe this will be my new "do it all, shoot anything" load in 30-06.

Seems as alot of people have found this load to work well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok you got it dialed in on paper.Now lets see how it does on game.I have been thinking about them bullets my self.My buddy used 160gr in his 338wm this year with great results

Posts: 41 | Location: oregon | Registered: 11 September 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Yup, the TSX and other grooved Barnes versions are much more forgiving than the old original "X" bullets.

Unfortunately with our game department claiming to be saving the prehistoric super-chicken I've been getting to see a lot of TSX's in action. While I hate their pistol bullets (different story), I've been pretty impressed with the game proformance with the copper rifle bullets. With slowed and more controlled expansion, they may not kill quite a quickly but they always penetrate to/through the vitals. At least on pigs that's a trade-off I'll put up with.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope to give them a workout on whitetails next week. Will report back.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They work great for me.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
might possibly have a whitetail report on the TSX here in a week or so as well..

Posts: 322 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
try them out, I think your going to like the performance.

Posts: 5717 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be slinging the 130 ttsx out of my 308 bar. Those little suckers shot great in everything I tried them in with the first guess at powder charge.
I bet they won't bounce off whitetails!!

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I managed to shoot one northern whitetail.

My first shot was a little high in the shoulder and dropped the animal in his tracks. He was still trying to lift his head, so I shot again below mid-body just behind the shoulder.

Both exited the animal.

I was a bit concerned at first as the exit wounds were not evident.

When we gutted the animal, the internal damage was impressive. The lungs were mush and apparently the second shot angled into the heart as it was absolutely shredded.

When skinned, the exit holes were large and noticeable on the exterior body cavity, just not on the exterior of the hide.

Just one animal, but I like the results. They seem a bit "harder" than my normal partitions or accubonds, but the internal damage was similar. I would feel fine tackling larger animals with the bullet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it needs doing with a .30 cal inside 300 yards that load will do it. I'm using the same bullet in my '06 but with RL19 instead. It is truly versatile. Will open quickly and do great damage on smaller animals but is plenty stout enough for larger stuff.

Congrats.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
Great bullet. This is from a moosecow sideshot, broke both shoulderblades and stopped under the skin. Hit at around 2525 fps.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote