New
Find
Notify
Tools

9,3x62 bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought last week a Sauer 202 in 9,3x62 and 7x64 .
Here in my country we are short of 9,3 bullets.
I am thinking in reducing with a special die that I can make here the diameter of Sierra's 375 250 grainers to 9,3x62 diameter.
Anibody knows if this is possible or a silly thing.
Thank's to all
Guillermo

Posts: 102 | Location: Catrilo La Pampa-Argentina | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hola Guillermo,
Me estoy armando un 9,3 y ya tengo algunas puntas.
Una idea, hay una fabrica de puntas aca en Montevideo que si le compramos cantidad las hace de cualquier calibre, MUY buenas y baratas, no ser�n Nossler pero....

Estuve en la pampa la brama pasada cazando cerca de Victorica, ALUCINANTE!!

Un abrazo
Lorenzo Gianola

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello gtrotz

I swage 125 gn 0.308 bullets down to 0.300 for use in my Martini Henry Cadet in .300 Sherwood. I turned up a plunger and a swaging die that fits in my RCBS reloading press. Works quite easily - I use a synthetic oil as the lubricant - much better than the lube that they sell for resizing.

Some of the lead extrudes forward - I ignore that.

In my 9.3x62 if I fire three shots and then check the last cartridge in the magazine, the lead point has been flattened - absolutely. Doesn't seem to affect hunting accuracy so I just ignore it. One day I'll silver solder two support rails on each side of the magazine to hold the cartridges by the shoulders.

cheers edi

Posts: 222 | Location: Cape Town South Africa | Registered: 02 June 2002Reply With Quote