New
Find
Notify
Tools

300 Whisper
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any ballistics data on the 300 Whisper? I am specifically looking at the 240 SMK at about 1050 fps. I have not had much luck finding any "drop" data. I am interested out to 300 yards. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Head,

Go here http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=1a...1ac839b76fc4ab2&f=27

Many knowledgeable Whisper shooters to help.
I have gathered much helpful information re: my Whisper there but cannot add much to your quest as I am limited to 100 yard range here.
I would suspect that you are going to need LOTS of adjustment on the scope and or base to get out to 300 yards as the 240 MK rainbows like a big dog when pushed at subsonic speeds.

Gary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You for the link. I have done alot of reading there. I have had some trouble finding actual ballistics. I am considering just shooting two different loads out of a 223 Remington. I am considering an MGM barrel-then suppressing that barrel. I wonder where a subsonic 75 grain 223 pill would hit at 100 yards in relation to a normal varmint load?? I am considering an 18 inch 1in8 twist 223 barrel?? I just need to come up with a quite round- with as much distance as I can(within common sense). Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote