Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady progressive vers Dillon xl650
 Login/Join

posted
I am after a new progressive press with case feeder - i have at present a older hornady progressive(pre lock n load) which is great - trouble is i dont think that the case feeder can be retro fitted to it?only older lock n load?
Has anyone used both and can give me there view?
Most people are locked on one brand or another - worse than which is the best hunting truck!!
we all know that its toyota!

thanks guys MUZR gunsmile

Posts: 28 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
muzr257,

I have one of the first 50, Dillon 650 presses made. It has worked great for me and the folks at Dillon will stand by their product(free replacement parts) reguardless of any problems you may have or create(you broke something). As for finding someone with both presses on their bench good luck.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
muzr157-
Go with the Dillon. You will find that like your Toyota, you will be happy for years to come with the Dillon.
If economy is a concern, look to the 550 to do almost everything you want, sans case feeder. The 650 will do all that the others will, and more.
I won't badmouth the Hornady, but don't have the faith in it that I do in Dillon products. Ditto for Dillon's warranty too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a the Dillon 650 10+years and have run uncounted rounds through it pretty much without a hitch.

I'd get another but I can't see ever needing another one unless it was to setup for an different caliber and didn't want to spend the time changing over.

Superior back up and support.

Don

Posts: 128 | Location: Oregon,USA | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote