Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

alternative to .223 lapua brass
 Login/Join

posted
i have been using lapua brass with good results is there a good alternative that is a little cheaper at £30-40 a 100 in the uk it is kind of expensive

Born a Cockney, English by the grace of god

Posts: 10 | Location: London, England | Registered: 14 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you are using the .223 for, match ammo or plinking/300yd varmint. I like Lapua, Norma & Win. then RP. For the price of Lapua you can buy 400 Win. or RP & cull to get 100+ match cases. Nolser brass is also supposed to be good but I haven't tried any yet.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
it is a primaraly a varmint rifle fox and long range rabbit/crow

however i do like to see good groups at the range the load i am using at the moment is producing 12mm or so groups at 100 yards

one of us
Picture of Kory
posted Hide Post
I've had great lukc with IMI brass. Its really hard to find any new, but you can find once-fired brass on ebay every now and then. Make sure you check with the seller about shipping to UK before you bid.

Good luck,
Kory

Posts: 860 | Location: Montana | Registered: 16 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello BoNeSi,
I shoot matches here in the states and like Lapua but the cost is a bit on the high side. Not sure if you can source in England or not, but check with those "blokes" down there in Bisley Range and see if they have any once fired Lake City 223 brass. Strong brass, can be trued up and trimmed to deliver very good performance. I have "tons" of the stuff and used to be able to buy it for 44.00 per 1000 completely cleaned, primer pockets reamed, trimmed shipped and ready to load. Good Luck!

posted Hide Post
i only live 30 mins away from bisley and i am down there next weekend for the phoenix meeting i will keep an eye out for them

thanks chaps