New
Find
Notify
Tools

RCBS Lube Dies
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone here use a RCBS lube die for Rifle cases?
I am trying to use one with the RCBS lube but the lube seems too thick to go from the little bottle thru the small hole in the lube die. Is there another brand that works better?
HELP!

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't use a lube die. I've always had a problem to some extent with lubes. Until I switched to Imperial Die Sizing Wax. It's the best bar none.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Imperial for forming brass but using it while reloading on a progressive press really slows things down

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
I bought one when they first came out and used it for a year or so. I lent it to someone and never got it back, but didn't miss it enough to replace it. I don't remember having any trouble loading it with lube - it was in the days before they made their water-based lube and that stuff was pretty thick. Just placed the tube over the hole and squeezed. I had to keep it in its own little box as it leaked lube all over the place in warm weather. Also it over lubed some cases to the point that I was getting shoulder dents. All in all, the lube pad is easier and more uniform in application.

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've use it but didn't like it - prefer the dillon stuff

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote