THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about reliability of online dealers?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have found two online dealers whose prices are way lower than their competition (at least any I found). They are BNJ Discount Firearms and Brass Man Brass. I am just getting into reloading and am going to buy a RCBS Master Kit this weekend at Cabelas in MI, but the brass I need is much cheaper from Brass Man. Any experience with either of these vendors would be great. Also any help that you guys could give me concerning obtaining cheap reloading supplies would be great. It will help a poor graduate student continue shooting his guns and annoying his liberal gun-fearing classmates, and possibly winning a few converts to the fold.

Anvil

Posts: 153 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: 30 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
The brassman has an excellent rep, and the stuff I've bought from him was as described. The only negative is that sometimes it takes a week or so before he ships. Small shop. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anvil,

Those prices at BNJ look interesting. On the Winchesters the model #'s are not listed but I suppose one should call them and be specific.

For what they carry I have been using www.dnrsports.com for big orders. DNR has very low prices on everything but sells firearms only to FFL's.

I also use www.grafs.com and they are reliable and don't charge for backorders.

Some stuff is less when bought direct like Pact's products.

For powder and primers I had been buying local and paying retail. I just placed my first order with DNR for powder. The money savings look very large but the order is just on it's way. They say they will ship up to 70 lbs of powder on one $20 hazard fee. I suggest that you buy your primers and powder local in small amounts until you find what you like.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot. I am definitely going to order some brass from the brassman.

Posts: 153 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: 30 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I get most of what I use from online dealers in the U.S. I've been dealing with Sinclair Int'l and Midway for some years now and am quite happy with both. I think Kinneman's in Washington state is quite well established, also Lock, Stock and Barrel and Mid-South. I gave up looking for the best prices, and just assumed that Midway is usually a few cents cheaper. You're not likely to get hurt by any of the companies listed here. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
I've been very satisified with Midway, Natchez, Lock Stock & BBL. & Graff. With Midway shipping is often same day. Watch their sale page, they often has some good deals.

Scout Master 54

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got my first couple of batches of brass from Brassmanbrass.com and it was just as advertised. Cleaned up very well in the tumbler and he usually sends more than you order. I think in the 1000 count .223 order, I received 1035-1045 pieces and a couple extra in my .375 H&H order also. Great people to deal with.- Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I have also had good results with BrassManBrass. My order for 1000 rounds of .223 was shipped fast, arrived quicker than I expected, and probably had 75-100 extra rounds in it. Based on my one (and not last) experience with him, I definitely recommend buying brass there.

Posts: 3300 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with hundreds of on line and in Shotgun News dealers over the years, with generally very good results.

I have had some trouble with Sarco, Numerich, Entreprise, Midway, and Paragon, but they all had problems due to incompetence.

All businesses that deal with VISA or Mastercard must satisfy the customer or loose the service.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote