New
Find
Notify
Tools

I goofed, tumbled primed brass
 Login/Join

<ranb>
posted
I goofed and poured a bunch of primed k-hornet brass in with other stuff for several hours. The primers still work, but I was wondering if they will still provide the same performance. Thanks.

Ranb

one of us
posted Hide Post
They will be fine,I would not recomend it as a regular practice tho.

Posts: 142 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ranb I would look, with a flashlight, at every flash hole and see if it is blocked by your tumbling media. If some are I would attempt to tap out the media. I would shoot these cases in practice at the renge. Away on a hunt is not the place to have problems.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might have some mash in your primers use your resizeing die and take the primers out. And reprime them the primers wont go off if you nock them back out. Priming or unpriming all ways wear eye
protection.You never know what might happen.

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
myself, I would put on ear protection, eyes, and go in the garage and pop them off... I did this once, and it was my ONLY batch of 20+% failures.. they fired, but only on second hit...

sorry...
jeffe

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ranb:
I goofed and poured a bunch of primed k-hornet brass in with other stuff for several hours. The primers still work, but I was wondering if they will still provide the same performance. Thanks.

Ranb

Sounds like an interesting test - see how they group compared to untumbled identical rounds and let us know. Use a chronograph to if you got. How many rounds we talking?

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<ranb>
posted
200 pieces, that is why I would prefer to load and shoot them. [Smile]