Find
Notify
Tools

Devloped first load / got first kill
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted
I wanted to replace my factory coyote loads with handloads.
My scope is reticled to a specific load so i had to reproduce velocity first then see about the accuracy. I was pleased with the results.
Factory

Hand loads

This one want be killing any fawns !!!
I set up in my favorite spot at daylight. I waited 15-20 minutes to make sure i had good shooting light. I turned on the fawn distress. I was about 17 minutes into my sequence when i spotted a yote coming under the fence. She trotted twoards the caller and then started hopping trying to see over the grass. When she stopped for half a second i let her have one. She was quartering too and i didnt make the best shot, but she only made it 70 yards. She had lost alot of her hair and even though she didnt have any sores on her i decided not to touch her at all.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
Holy crap that is a nasty looking coyote, good thing you got it out of the population! Handloading is fun, huh?!

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One nasty lookin' bitch for sure!

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you try to develop a load for this specific gun? You can improve the handload significantly by fine-turning the loads. It is the same as to turn the carburator of the older version cars. Try different primers and load batches of 3 with 0.3 increments in the loads. I can guarantee you, that you would find a load that with smaller than the one you have on the photo. It looks like a good gun.

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I need to maintain the FPS because of the BDC scope. With out a chrono i think im as close as i am going to get.
Both the shots touching the oarnge are clean barrel shots.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cull the wife?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote