New
Find
Notify
Tools

45 long colt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
just got a rossi in 45lc was wondering what kind of volicity i can get with this all of my books just have loads listed for pistoles with short barrels would like to use 185 gr bullets but what power? i do have a can of unnique and bullseye should i just use the pistol info or does anyone have a pet load for this round Thanks Bill

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigbill0690:
just got a rossi in 45lc was wondering what kind of volicity i can get with this all of my books just have loads listed for pistoles with short barrels would like to use 185 gr bullets but what power? i do have a can of unnique and bullseye should i just use the pistol info or does anyone have a pet load for this round Thanks Bill

I am assuming your Rossi is a rifle?? If so, Unique will work, Bullseye is way too fast, but powders like Alliant 2400 and H110 are better, because they are slower.

There are just tons of published rifle data for the .45 Colt round - you sure don't have to stick to pistol loads.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I think you need a med.slow burner to get the most out of a 185gr bullet. 2400 would be the slowest I would go with. I've loaded 200gr jhp but not the 185gr. Start w/ 21gr & work up. A#7 is another good one. Use date for the .44mag 200gr load as a starter & work up. TO ONLY BE USED IN MODERN RIFLES & RUGER?TC HANDGUNS!!!! shame

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Cane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 151 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With Quote