New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conceilable Holster / Handgun Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know this topic probably doesn't belong here, but I am not getting responses in the pistol shooting or handgun hunting forums.

My questions are as follows:

What brand and model of conceilable holster would you recommend for a Glock 27? Fobus, Kramer, Desantis? Paddle, belt, etc? I realize this is all personal, but usually trends tend to point to a quality product.

Also, I carry a Glock 27 during the winter, but am looking for a lighter weight, more conceilable gun for summer carry. I don't want to go down below a .40 S&W or .357 Mag. It can be auto or revolver. I'd appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks Y'all!

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
I use the Fobus Paddle and Fobus dual mag carrier for my Glock 19 and love 'em. No wear on the gun at all and very secure.

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try a Milt Sparks inside the pants holster called the Summer Special.

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a Desantis "Cozy Partner" inside the waist band holster for my Glock 27.

For a lighter carry gun, take a look at the polymer framed KAHR pistols!

Posts: 1499 | Location: NE Okla | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Holsters are a very personal item...ask 7 people and get 7 different answers.

I select my holsters depending on which firearm I am carrying and the current weather and temperature conditions.

Most of my holsters are paddle holsters, form fitted, not those one-size-fits-all pieces of crap.

I prefer leather, but do have a couple of Fobus.

I do not have any inside the pocket or inside the pants holsters.

I have one shoulder holster, but seldom use it.

I have 7 different firearms I carry (not all at once...geesh!).

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kramer all the way. I like the IWB #3 but the angle of cant you like is totally personal based on build, etc.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mule Skinner,
I struggled for a long time and went through a few guns and holsters in search of a rig I could carry in the summer with no jacket etc. I stumbled across a set up called a 'Pager Pal' that I use daily to carry my Kimber Ultra CDP in .45 ACP.

I wear jeans, dockers, shorts or whatever and this setup works well with all of them. If you can't find one I'll hunt down the web site for you. I moistened mine with alcohol and with the gun in the holster worked the leather into all the nooks and crannies then flared the opening for ease of re-holstering. I showed it to my uncle who is an ex-swat team leader and he was impressed with the concealability and the custom form fit of the leather. We have a modification (I am not associated with the company that makes these) that allows the use of a working pager or cell phone. It's the bee's knees for me. [Cool]

The only drawback is that it's not a super quick draw rig. But it's a very workable tradeoff for me. I can actually go without a shirt and no one is the wiser.

Just another opinion among thousands.

FWIW,
XWind

Posts: 203 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote