New
Find
Notify
Tools

Midway's blemished bullet question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently Midway had a sale on blems, all of which seemed to be made by Hornady. However, I bought a box of 7mm 150 gr. spitzer flat based bullets in this sale and can't figure out who the manufacturer is. Just above the cannalure there is a small, shallow concentric ring cut into the bullet. I have seen rings like this on the 175 gr. 7mm Speer Mag Tip.

Did anyone buy any of these and know who the manufacturer is? Has anyone tested them? Are they a well constructed bullet? Hornady does not list a bullet of this weight and I am curious. Just haven't had time to load or test them yet. Thanks for any info. Merg

Posts: 351 | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that bought them, and he said that they are Speer bullets. I don't know myself, but take it for what it's worth.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
coffeeI bought a rather large quantity that were Speers, "Supposedly," but they did not have a cannelure. Confused

In going through my data just now, they seem to function fine in three of my rifles. popcornroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I bought 3 different bullet types during the Midway sale and mine at least appear to be Hornadys.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote