New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Fork Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody have a load work up for using .240gr North Fork bullet in a .340 Weatherby ? Called mfg and they did not have any load data available.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have some info for you however I am out of town and away from my data. When I get back I will be glad to relate it. Don't trust my memory without the real stuff. Good Shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot the .340 Wby extensively for several years and the 240 grain Northfork is my go to bullet for larger animals like Elk-Moose and when in big Bear country. My most accurate load is 87 grains of Rl-19 with Fed 215M primer. For me this load is always from 3001 fps up to 3018 fps and the performance of the Northfork is always the perfect mushroom when you recover the bullet. I took a B&C Moose in the Farewell Burn of Alaska with the combo. My scope is a 4X16 Burris Signature and this outfit has also taken several Bull Elk for me my son and grandsons. Hope this helps. Good Shooting.

phurley

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info will get to work on reloading some. That's what I harvested my Brown Bear with but had the loads made so didn't know the recipe.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used them in Africa for all but DG..They work well on the big Eland, and Giraffe as well..I have never shot a Giraffe and don't intend to but Ive lent my .338 to folks that did shoot them and other game as well.

I used them for buffalo in my 375, 416 and 404 testing them on buffalo for Mike early on..They are boringly perfect as to mushrooming picture perfect every time. The best Ive ever seen.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot the North Fork bullets for a long time when Mike Brady was still in business and a good friend. My .416 Rem in a model 70 Winchester accounted for a Cape Buffalo with a 370 grain soft followed by a solid the same weight. The soft traversed from last rib through all he had to lodge in the neck bone at the base of the first rib and still had .91% of its initial weight. A 270 grain North Fork from my .358 STA took a Lichtenstein Hartebeest and had 85% of it’s weight. The same bullet also took Zebra and other plains game all pass through kills. A 225 grain North Fork is my sons favorite bullet with our .338 Lapua and the 240 grain is my go to bullet for our .340 Wby. A 130 grain North Fork does 3450 fps in one of my .270 WSM’s and no other bullet get that kind of speed. As you I consider the North Fork bullets at the top of my list for hunting bullets. Good Shooting.

phurley