New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are things getting better?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was in Scheels on Monday and they were loading the shelves with new W-W .223Rem cases and multiple weights of Hornady and Nosler .224 bullets. $29.99 for a bag of brass (100) and everyone that looked said hell no you can keep it for that price. And there it sits. Bullets were 250 varmint packs of V-Max and B-Tips at $41.00 and they were flying off the shelf. They had CCI and Rem primers on the shelf as well. Large and small rifle.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for powder.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could be depending on the area.

Posts: 19621 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about Sinclair or Midway?

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't find pistol primers around here or on the web.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It will take months to a year for things to get better; once all the hoarders have all they think they need, demand will fall. Saw it happen in '68, '94 and '05; every time the Dems start all their anti gun nonsense. It just gets worse each time though....and in some states, if not the entire US, new semi autos and mags over 10 rounds will be gone. You already know this, but very few people actually get killed with semi auto rifles and the average number of rounds fired per incident is way less than 10 rounds. Doesn't matter though, all they look at is their "feelings".

Posts: 17296 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'd give a finger or toe and $50 for a pound of H4831!

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Every place I have seen locally (Central AL) has nothing in the way of powder, if they do it's something I don't use. Bullets are non existent except for the oddballs like 17, 20, 6.5, 338, 375, stuff no one uses around here. Haven't even asked about primers as I figured they don't have them and I really dont need any. Looked at every online retailer I could think of trying to find some .40 pistol bullets, all backordered. Got a new glock 23 the other days and can't shoot it bc I cant replace the limited stock of ammo I have for it. THIS SUCKS thumbdown

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to a gun show last weekend and found primers and bullets but no brass or powder. I think the powder was sold out on Saturday and I went down mid-day Sunday. I did find some Varget powder Monday at a local shop. They said they were limited to one case of Varget in 1 lb canisters. I paid less for CCI BR4 primers at the show than Midway is showing on their website and I was able to buy a case of 5000.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7MMNut:
I'd give a finger or toe and $50 for a pound of H4831!
If I had a Hazmat shipping permit I'd take you up on that (but please, keep the digits as I have no immediate use for them.)

Posts: 13248 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote