Find
Notify
Tools

Kroll ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Bought a can last week just because.
What is the scoop on Kroll? I know it's used as a barrel cleaner.
But what's so special about it?
How is it used?

Regards Martin

Posts: 328 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know a few benchresters in my area use kroil mixed w/ shooters choice( one part kroil to 3 parts shooters choice.) It is a very aggresive penetrating oil. It gets in a lifts up powder fouling when other stuff won't.
Other shooters claim it helps clean moly-coated bores.

Posts: 94 | Location: Tri-Cities, WA | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never used Kroil on my guns, but always have a can on my tool cart at work. Best penetrating oil I have ever used.

Posts: 388 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with waxman it is darn good penetrating oil. I have mixed it with shooters choice, but didn't see any benefit to it. I prefer SiliKroil to regular Kroil for general use. If you decide you want more order it direct from Kano Labs. You will save a bundle.

Rem. 222

Posts: 516 | Location: Ar. | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Martin - If you shoot moly coated bullets, Kroil is great for general cleaning of moly'ed bores. The only problem that I have found with it is it migrates. If you use it for storage and store your guns muzzle up, I will migrate into the action. My solution is to store the rifle muzzel down for a few days.

I use it to neutralize high ammonia content copper solvents like Sweets and Montana X-Treme. I push several Kroil patches through the bore after using copper solvents. It�s cheep and works as designed.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the repl guy's

I did try it in some barrels and did not see any thing sensational, by the feel and smell of it it seems like a good penetrating oil and may do a good job on moly!!!
Since I don't do moly (so far) I did the same thing Zero D does,run ome patches after the Sweets.

Talking about cleaners I have some barrels that foul badly and imo the best cleaner by far is wipe out just great stuff,matter of fact maybe to good.
I just wonder does one realy want the barrel that clean.
I am not talking about the $500. target barrels but the just run of the mill fact. barrels.
Example: I have a no:1 in 375 H&H if the barrel is real clean it takes 6 shots to settle it down to it's normal POI every shot comes down 1" for 6 shots and there it stays for about 20 shots shooting 3/4" 3 shot groups at 200 Y???

The next best cleaner imo is Sweet's I use this in the bigger bore's course a can of wipe out don't last long in 416/45/50 cal bore"s
The rest is just a ot of work.

Regards Martin

Posts: 328 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find Kroil really good for cleaning the bore after one or two shots when you've been out hunting. 2 passes with Kroil on a slotted jag and it's clean. Previously I used to have to use a bronze brush to get rid of powder fouling quickly.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1894: I'll have try that next time thanks for the tip

Regards Martin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot moly,clean with JB,rinse with shooters choice, and all your problems will be solved.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote