Find
Notify
Tools

Northfork Bullet?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Does anyone know or can guess (more or less that is) what the BC of the Northfork 375 caliber 270 gr bullet is? I looked at the website and it seems they are highly allergic to the matter!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't shot it over the chrono at a distance to determine actual BC, but I load mine to 2770 fps, 2" high at 100 makes it 1" low at 200 yds consistently. Hornady shows their light magnum at 2870 fps (optimistic I think) 1.8 in. high at 100 dead on at 200, that's at 100 fps faster. This lacks a hell of a lot of being scientific, one of these days I'll set up both chronos and see how much difference between the muzzle and 100 yard and let you know.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I haven't shot it over the chrono at a distance to determine actual BC, but I load mine to 2770 fps, 2" high at 100 makes it 1" low at 200 yds consistently. Hornady shows their light magnum at 2870 fps (optimistic I think) 1.8 in. high at 100 dead on at 200, that's at 100 fps faster. This lacks a hell of a lot of being scientific, one of these days I'll set up both chronos and see how much difference between the muzzle and 100 yard and let you know.

I plugged the #'s you gave me in my PC program and it came out a BC of .210 . Seems kinda low. Are you sure? +2" at 100//// -1" at 200?

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's been my result, but bear in mind, I haven't shot too many 200 yard groups with the .375, and my groups are 2 1/2-3 inches at 200 so there is a margin of error involved. When I get to my brother's where I can set my stuff up I'll shoot over both chronos and find out.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Without some very sophisticated equipment I doubt if the results would be very accurate. My guess would be in the .320 range +/- 10. I've asked Mike about this and he doesn't seem interested in establishing the BC's for his bullets. I do know they work very well regardless of the BC.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My opinion exactly, no matter what the BC they are accurate and kill very well which is what a bullet does, kill game. If you measure the velocity loss between the 0 and 100 yard chronograph, this will give you a true BC, velocity loss is the function of BC we're interested in. Mike designed his bullets to work, not look pretty on paper.