New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experience with Vv - N570
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What has been your experience with Vihtavouri N570? I assume it's a double-base, high-energy powder somewhat slower than N560. I might be quite good.

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
where did you get yours? i've a waited a long time to try it but nobody around here stocks it yet.

i have noticed with the other v/v powders the slower versions are usually a couple places lower on the burn rate charts. at this rate the 570 should be close to the bottom of the chart.

but i don't have a current burn rate chart and they tend to fluctuate a lot.

i want to try it in a 6,5x68 ai round that i have. should work great with the 160 gr bullets.

i am currently using rl-25.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have any, but I note some powder suppliers have it listed, but out-of-stock or on-order. Vv powders of the N series are high-energy, double-based powders that should be great at the slow burning end of the spectrum, like Norma MRP, etc. They also tend to have high load density. I'm looking forward to trying some - when I can get it!

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
i keep getting the same answer also. i am not real sure the first cannister of it has ever hit the states.

i guess the only way to find out is to call kaltrone pettibone and talk to somebody there.

i'll try that in the morning.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give us an update with what you find out Stinger. I would be very interested in this powder if it ever gets here. With online retailers listing it, they must be expecting it within the next few months or so.

Posts: 212 | Location: Longmont, CO | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Stick:
Give us an update with what you find out Stinger. I would be very interested in this powder if it ever gets here. With online retailers listing it, they must be expecting it within the next few months or so.

big stick

thats what i heard about a year and a half ago. still have not seen the first grain of it.

maybe i can find out something tomorrow.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

HAPPY TRAILS

BILL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm told by Vv that N570 has a burn rate like that of H50BMG - really slow! Maybe too slow, but the "high-energy" content may make it super. Moreover, grain size is only slightly larger than N560. If the load density remains high, it'll be a great powder. But, we'll see.

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
i checked with kaltron and they do have it now. just get your local dealer to stock it.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

HAPPY TRAILS

BILL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stinger, what is "kaltron"?

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
kaltrone pettibone is the american distributor for v/v powders. they are located in illinois.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

HAPPY TRAILS

BILL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stinger, I called Kaltrone and they said they had "samples" of N570 that they were testing for safety. It might be available for sale this fall.

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackley Improved User:
Stinger, I called Kaltrone and they said they had "samples" of N570 that they were testing for safety. It might be available for sale this fall.

well kiss my grits. the lady i talked to told me it was available. i'm torqued.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

HAPPY TRAILS

BILL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stinger, looks like we're going to wait for a bit, but waiting for N570 may be worth it. I've been impressed with the energy content of Vv powders, when other "slow burners" (i.e., H870, 50BMG, and Retumbo) seem not to have the hoped-for energy content. Nonetheless, of the various "slow burners" available, I've had the best luck with Re25 and MRP-2. You seem like a "slow burner" afficiando. What has been your experience?

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
i've used a heap of rl-25 in my 6,5x68 ai. i was hoping the v/v 570 would work but alas i haven't gotten my grubby little paws on any of it yet.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

HAPPY TRAILS

BILL