New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer 50gr. TNT's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any good or bad info on these bullets? I just purchased some for loading in my .22 Hornet using Lil' Gun. I plan on trying these on coyotes. Thanks

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
That's what I've been using on PD's. They work well and I can get them to shoot reasonably out of the three guns I take. I like them and the price is right.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I've shot them in six .223 rifles, a .22-250 and a .220 Swift.....Very accurate, cheap, and they cause extremely bad things to happen to prairie dogs.

AN EXCELLENT BULLET

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great bullet, but some Hornets with the common 1:16 twist have a hard time stabilizing bullets heavier than 45gr. If yours has the 1:14, the odds are better.
Good luck and good shootin'.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded these in my K-Hornet with very good results.. I haven't had a chance to use them on game, yet, but my load gives me about 2825fps, with pretty decent accuracy.. groups about 7/8 to 1 1/8 inches at 100yds..... and my benchrest technique isn't the best in the world... like has been mentioned before, the faster twist barrels give you a better chance of stabilization/accuracy. I plan on loading some more up and going after coyotes with them... I know the 40gr VMax works on the dogs... I'm thinking the TNT might be better.

Posts: 323 | Location: N.Central Texas | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be shooting these in my NEF Handi-Rifle which has the 1:12 twist. I've shot the 50gr v-max and they gave me excellent groups.

Posts: 153 | Location: Butler County, Ohio | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
... I used to have a Handi Rifle in 22 Hornet... it was a lot of fun, once I fixed it to not fling the brass back over my shoulder when I opened it.... I probably should have kept it, but I had a hankering for a Contender carbine.... who knows... I might end up with another one, since my contender is a K.....

Posts: 323 | Location: N.Central Texas | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Vapodog, do you have any problem with the jackets coming off when used in the 22-250 or 220 Swift?? roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote