New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady LNL AP owners?
 Login/Join

Picture of goose5
posted
I am seriously considering this press. I am concerned about the 9mm ejection issue. Is there a reliable fix? If not how difficult is it to remove the ejection wire completely and remove completed rounds by hand?

Posts: 9 | Location: Pueblo, Colorado | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pdpdad
posted Hide Post
I am new to reloading and have this press. The ejection wire is very easy to remove and reinstall. I remove it when using the 5th location for a FCD when loading 223's.

I do not experience ejection problems when the press is clean, meaning no powder or dirt or anything on or under the shellplate. My experience is limited to 2000 rounds each of 9mm, .38spl and .223, since Sep 07.
Pat
Cool

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 16 August 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I sounds like you have plenty of experience with this press. Thanks for your input.

Posts: 9 | Location: Pueblo, Colorado | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First off, I have and love my LnL- So far I have pushed through upwards of 10 k Mostly pistol and that was divided between 9 mm and 45 ACP.
The fix is easy, get a Hornady 9mm crimp die and forget it, otherwise you will be tweaking the wire to get a sometimes fix.
With other calibers, have not had any problems.
I you do need to replace the ejection wire it takes 45 seconds.
I have found the press simplicity itself to use, love the powder measure with the integral case mouth expander for straight walled pistol and swapping out calibers is a joy.
I did get and really like the case feeder and although it did add a couple of hundred bills to my set up you simply load up the cases on top , fill the primer tube and off to the races for the next 100 rounds - until you need to refresh primers.

There are many many forums re: LnL and tips to operate efficiently -look around and enjoy.

Gary