New
Find
Notify
Tools

GS Custom
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
About 10 weeks ago I ordered some 110 gr .264 bullets from these folks. I received an email from Gina this morning that they were shipped Monday and would be here in 3 weeks. I paid last week when she said they were ready to ship. Seems a lot better service than I was led to believe.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From what I've read taking the orders and saying they were shipped hasn't been the problem. Let us know when they actually show up.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure will Kevin. The thing is that they are the only folks I know of who make 110 gr .264 hunting bullets. I think that will be the perfect bullet for whitetails in my 6.5 Grendel

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope they get to you in a timely fashion. Let us know how they work out.

Posts: 1499 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's a guy on 24 hr. campfire that is a stocking dealer for GS Custom bullets. He is located in Texas and posts there under the name of benchrest. Check this thread out here. I would consider it to be unusual if you get your bullets from GS before this time next year. Good day.

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks JJ, I emailed him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob:

It would seem that the 100 grain Nosler Partition would fill the bill about as well. Not being argumentative, just wondering if there is some reason you prefer the 110's?

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're right Stonecreek. That's where I'm going next. JJ, the guy at HV says he's going out of the GS Custom business because he was having to compete with the factory. For example I didn't even know he was selling GS Custom Bullets and Gina didn't tell me. Too bad. I sure hope my order comes as they stated.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob,

I am sorry to hear that if that is the case. I recently purchased a couple of boxes of bullets from John aka "Benchrest" and was very pleased with the service. I have not had a chance to try them yet but was hoping to avoid long distance transactions, and some of the previously discussed problems, if they perform as well as I have heard.

RCG

Posts: 1130 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KevinNY,
I need clarity on your post. Is the implication that we have taken the order and said we shipped, and we have not shipped? Or that we have shipped and that the mail service somewhere will fail or what?

JJWEN,
On what do you base the assumption that normal delivery from the time we ship is a year?

RCG,
It is most unfortunate that HV Concepts is throwing in the towel. A big obstacle at this stage is the current exchange rate that does not allow decent margins. It is not reasonable to expect HV Concepts not to make a decent return on what they do.

According to economists locally and abroad, our currency is presently overvalued by about 15% so the situation will turn and imrove.

As far as long distance delivery is concerned, we have learnt soem lessons on how to do it. Like not describing the contents as bullets. I can't believe we were so stupid. Consider that of the last 2000 parcels we delivered, 37 were claimed undelivered by the addressee. 14 Of these claims we now know were fraudulent and of the remaining 23, 3 were lost by SA Post, 19 by USPS and Canada Post and one was returned as undeliverable by the German Postal service.

We run a backorder list that varies from a month and a half to sometimes four months. At the time that you place your order, we inform you of the approximate backorder time and you pay when the order is ready to ship. You are free to cancel an order at any time.

I trust this will clear up some of the myths that are being perpetuated here.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Sure will Kevin. The thing is that they are the only folks I know of who make 110 gr .264 hunting bullets. I think that will be the perfect bullet for whitetails in my 6.5 Grendel

Try www.groovebullets.com
108 gr 264 cal....I already used them in my 264 Super grade classic.....

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Pop, I took a look at their website but can't find .264 caliber. They haven't updated their site or what. Thanks for the info. Bob

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
They got them...Believe me 'cause I got them. Don (the owner) intoduced them along with the 78 gr 6mm Grooves just before he went to Africa and he just got back. Site needs to be updated. Additionally if you login (and became a member) you get 10% off every order and a chance at free guns and other stuff. The most accurate premium bullet I ever tested. Usually within 3 loads (9 shots) I get sub MOA.

This is a 3 shot group with my 378 WBY MAG and 272 gr 375 cal Grooves at 3130 or so. .23" at 100 yds.

This is a 375 272 Groove and a 270 gr 375 Barnes XLC...

Enjoy!

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Bob:

Look on their forums (New Bullets), where they're talking about them some. So, I assume they do exist. Drop 'em an email if you're really hot for some: sales@groovebullets.com

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gerard,
Maybe we should have 500 grains comment on the "myths" as far as you saying you shipped something and then not doing it. We have all witnessed your reputation with your spoken word over the years.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chic, I just placed my 3rd order for GS bullets with Gina (the order size is a little more than $2K). The 2nd order I placed in 2001 had a delivery problem which you read about. Gina researched it and sent the product ordered as well as some gift product which was a nice touch. It took a long time for me to get the product, and it was a frustrating wait. But when the box arrived I wished I had ordered more.

Although I experienced a significant delivery delay with my 2001 order from GS bullets, I am confident enough that the problems have been solved to place $2K on the line. GS bullets are wonderful on paper and on game. They shoot extremely accurately and at low pressure. I only wish Gerard would move to the USA and bring his lathe.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob

I can give you a small field report on the 110 grain 264 GS bullets.

A mate of mine in Australia has used them in 264 Winchester.

Accuracy

He has three 264s. One has a barrel contour that is like a Rem 700 in 7mm Mag, one has a barrel that is .72" at the muzzle and the third rifle has a Heavy Varmint taper. Ease of obtaining accuracy and actual accuracy was much the same as 100 grain Ballistic Tips.

Killing

He shot several kangaroos and deliberately took low chest shots. The bullets proved adequate although they did not give the same slam down as a 100 grain Hornady in the 270 or the 100 grain Ballistic Tips. However, he has mainly obtained the bullets for larger game and was only looking for "adequate" performance on roos and pigs. Also, the "drop down" power or effect was a bit less than 100 grain Barnes X in 257 Wby.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well guys, I don't know about other folks but their service has been good for me. I received my order yesterday. It was shipped on June 23rd. Thanks Gina

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Man the concept of these bullets sound awesome but they need a distributor here in the US that carries them. Hate those airmail charges and can not wait for surface mail....I know, I want it all!

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Pop, there was a distributor in the US, but GS failed to make the agreement workable for them and they threw in the towel last month. I like the bullets, but will not order direct again. Not worth the wait, the shipping costs or the hassle. JMO, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I heard that through others too....hence my post above. If they had a distributor they would make a fortune if done right.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

JJWEN,

On what do you base the assumption that normal delivery from the time we ship is a year?

That's based upon my own personal experience from when I ordered some HV's nearly 3+ years ago. Took all of 10 months to recieve them. I then see what 500 has written as well as a few others. At this point I would say that I'm making no assumptions. No doubt, there has been more than a few out there who have had problems recieving an order from GS Custom. I'm not blaming GS Custom exclusively. I think the various postal services are more to thank for this then anything else. I think that the GS Custom HV's may be the closest thing we ever have to a magic bullet. I plan on building two different rifles around these bullets. Thats how much they impress me. I'm just sorry that you've had the delivery problems that you've had and wish you nothing but the best. Good day.

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i had a friend test some gs hv's against the groove bullets.i had him do it because he has won a national bench rest championship and has a gun that can take a hair off a gnatt's ass at 100 yds.159 groove against a 160 gs with a 300 winny in twelve twist.this is only one test with one gun and i'm not insinuating this is an across the board comparison.at 200 yds both shot under an inch but the gs was under 1/2 inch.the groove was under 3200 with pressure starting to show.the gs was around 3250 with no signs of pressure.i think these are the best copper bullets,but i think the banded design of the gs makes it better for several reasons.

Posts: 42 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just placed my umpteenth order for GS bullets a month ago and received them yesterday, 470's and 404s....I have never had a problem with GS delivery, in the last 4 or 5 years that I have been using them....For what its worth..

Posts: 42084 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote