Find
Notify
Tools

Mag-Tech LR Primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
Has anyone used these? If so, how would you rate them? Large Rifle primers are not availble from 3 of my suppliers with no promise of a delivery date from Fed, Win, or Rem. I found a source for the Mag-Tech and will stock up on some of them. I wonder why the shortage of the Big 3 Brands?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder why the shortage of the Big 3 Brands?

Well, it could have something to do with Uncle Sam spraying half of Asia with small arms fire for the last six years or so, and also to some extent with hoarders who are inspired to hoard because of political proclivities.

I bought a carton of Magtech primers, but have not yet tried them out, so can't make any statements on them directly. However, having used primers of every U.S. brand including those that are no longer made, plus Alcans from Italy, RWS from Germany, and Herter's from Japan over the last forty-odd years of reloading, I have never come across a "bad" batch of primers. I would be very surprised if the Magtechs (Brazil) don't go "bang" with about the same result as most any other.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevmavrick
posted Hide Post
I've been using CCI 200's as my "go to" primer for all my rifle shooting, but as most of my shooting has been at paper over an Oehler M33, I've used CCI 250's, RP 9 1/2's, WLR's, Fed 210's and 215's to see if there was any difference. Lately, I've used Mag-tech 9 1/2's to see if there is any change. The cartridges I've been using are a ".250 Savage Improved, .30/06, and a .300 WinMag." With single-base powders I've seen NO difference from 200's, tho' the other primers may be slightly hotter or consistant, or cooler.
I've got a few bricks of Mag-Tech 2 1/2's to compare with CCI 300's in large pistol, but I haven't shot enough, yet.
The only Mag-Techs I haven't gotten, yet, are small-rifle.
Go for it and
Have fun,
Gene

Posts: 150 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 03 November 2006Reply With Quote