Find
Notify
Tools

Starting reloading again/?????????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi all

I am starting out in reloading again after a 20 year hiatus.

I am going to be loading (initially) for one caliber, a .260 remington.

I used a Rock Chucker in the past and was happy with it. I was never much impressed with the Lee equipment and the Dillon presses came out during my inactive period.

I am thinking of a progressive loader and was hoping to get some feedback on the pros and cons of the current presses.

Thanks

Jim B.

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
If all you are going to reload is that one caliber, or maybe two or three, and are not planning on doing some serious shooting (500 rounds per week or more), then stick with your Rock Chucker.

If you really feel the need for a progressive press, then the basic rule is you get exactly what you pay for (probably the only item in this world that is true for).

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
take a look at the www.ch4d.com progressive... it's a good price, and you can do ANY thign short of 416 rigby
jeffe

Posts: 39632 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
I am not a fan for progressive reloaders,for rifle cartridges.I make one cartridge at a time,mostly for consistancy,and for safety.You lose some control of your loads,with progressive reloaders.Stick to your Rock Chucker,I have.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve R.

I just went to your reloading page. What a neat site and lots of great info.

Thanks for the reply.

Jim B.

Thanks to all that replied.

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote