THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Thumbhole, pistol grip, & palm swells. . . good idea?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thumbhole, pistol grip, & palm swells. . . good idea?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On a hard recoiling big bore rifle is having a thumbhole stock, a pistol grip, or even a palm swell a good idea?

What say you all.

Thanks,
ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Only if you are going to use handloaded ammo in that rifle.....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Hear say has me believing they are a bit better at letting the palm and arm absorb some of the recoil, and keep the wrist straight making them more comfortable to hold/shoot.
Don`t matter to me, they`re as ugly in my mind on a sporting rifle as the ex`es temperment, and I`ve no desire for one.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Palm swells are unobstrusive and not noticeable. I've got them on 3 out of the 5 guns in my safe that I acutally use. I prefer the palm swell because it feels more confortable and seems to put my trigger finger in the right position without thinking about it. But would not buy or not buy a gun because of it.

I'm with Ol`Joe about the thumbhole and pistol grip. Doesn't seem right. thumbdown

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote