New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to shop?
 Login/Join

<Metoo>
posted
Now that I am assembling my equipment list, where should I buy? Is there a one stop shop on the net? Is one better for equipment and another better for components?

<Savage 99>
posted
I use www.grafs.com for most stuff. For big ticket items www.dnrsports.com is best on price.

There are many others that are good also.

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I half agree with Savage 99.

I buy around 98% of my stuff from Graf's.

As for D&R...I tried placing 5 orders with them, and 100% of the time it "wasn't in stock", or the wait was well over 6 months!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd have to second the opinion of D&R. Ordered a scope from them (very good price!) but they didn't have it in stock. Supposed to have it in a few days, finally had to cancel the order after a few weeks.

Posts: 54 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 20 July 2003Reply With Quote
<Savage 99>
posted
It's true that D&R does not always have stock. But I have bought quite a few scopes and other optics from them along with some bullets and dies. Almost everything was shipped very fast. In fact they use Fed Ex and if I needed another scope I would call it in and have it in about three days at my door.

D&R's prices are as low as they get. I still suggest them. I recall the converstation with last spring with them when the Leica 1200 Scans were on back order. The guy on the phone said that they had 140 of them on back order and they would be there in about 10 days. I had my laser in that amount of time. When I asked about a potential problem with it he said that they would take care of anything for me and he seemed very sincere.

I really like the people at D&R and Grafs alike.

There are other good vendors as well but these are my favorites.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A few years back I bought stuff from:
1) Midway
2) Widners
T&T
wholesale hunter
Southern Belle brass
Natchez=Midsouth
High-Tech.

Now I buy from:
1) Lock Stock and Barrel
2) Graff
Sinclair
Beartooth
Montana Gold
Western Bullets

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lock, Stock and Barrell is my #1; with Midsouth Shooter's Supply #2 and graf's #3

The guys and gals at L,S & B can't be beat; have nothing but good things to say about them

Posts: 77 | Location: W. Branch MI USA | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With Quote