THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost River Bllistics... Has anyone tried them?
 Login/Join

<Gigem>
posted
I have seen in some publications lateley some advertisements for Lost River Balistics bullets. The supposedly have big time ballistic coeficients. Has anyone tried them?

<BMG>
posted
A gentleman named Dean Michaelis (Triggerfifty on the Biggerhammer.net board) has been running some tests with their new .408 Chey-Tac bullet out to 2500yds (his 2500yd three shot group was under 34", that's 1.42 miles!). Some more info at http://www.biggerhammer.net/barrett/wwwboard/index.cgi?read=39409 I hear that their hunting bullets have the performance of a Barnes in a high BC bullet that actually shoots well in most guns, unlike the Barnes in .458" and smaller (Barnes .50 VLD bullets shoot well and hold the current world record at 2.6002" with five shots at 1000yds).
Some guys in the FCSA .50BMG matches shoot the 50 cal bullet they offer at the 1000yd matches.

Under a 3' group at 2500yds is incredibly accurate. Dean is probably the most knowlegable heavy gun shooter in this country and has a military background in shooting & training heavy gun shooters. He is currently a consultant to the US military, S.W.A.T. teams, and many foreign countrys. He literally 'wrote the book' on fifty caliber shooting - "The complete .50-caliber sniper course - Hard target interdiction". If he endorses L.R.Ballistics you can bet they are top notch.

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
BMG - 2500yds, 3 feet - WOW & Amazing!

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Hunter333>
posted
WOW!! That is amazing!! I dint think that someone could shoot that far and measure how well they did!! I thought that 1,000 yards was a long way!! So coo, so cool............

------------------

<Al Smith>
posted
I've been using their .308 cal. 180gr J36 in my .30-378 for over a year now, and I really like it. The B.C. is very high, it holds together very well on game, and it is super accurate. I've always been happy with them.

Al Smith

[This message has been edited by Al Smith (edited 07-21-2001).]

<PrimeTime>
posted
I believe it was in the mid-eighties when there was a 2,000 yard shoot held in Pennsylvania. The actual distance was around 2200 yards and Earl Chronister (former 1000 yard world record holder) won the event shooting a TEN shot group around 40 inches I believe. That is pretty amazing accuracy. I wonder what the group would have been if he measured the best 3 or 5 shots out the ten.
He used a 30-378.