New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee Collet dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I picked up a used set of 257 Roberts Lee Collet dies on e-bay. Put my first loads together this afternoon. 100 grain Sierra SPT and 42.5 grains of Hodgdon 4350 extreme. Put 5 shots right at 1 1/16 center to center at 100 yards. I can certainly live with results like that. For a hunting load I don't see any need to mess with it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
there's absolutely no NEED to mess with that, but why not? I'm 16 and just started reloading recently, and i just got a collet die for my .270 the other day. well, the cap's threads stripped and the cap is messed up so i have to send it in tomorrow. hopefully i'll be able to hit the range next weekend. i expect some pretty decent groups, around half inch.

Gun control is hitting your target.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beretta9289:
there's absolutely no NEED to mess with that, but why not? .

Sure, why not. Without going fanatical, and when you want a reason to go target shooting, you could "mess with'em" while still holding a supply of the original loads for hunting.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use my collet dies all the time, except 1st time new brass. You will get alot more case life from.