THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie with a question (sharpie use on brass)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
Hello all, I've just reloaded a batch of 300WSM and used a sharpie marker to ID which ones are which. Since I've never heard of this being done. I'm wondering (after the fact of course) if there is any sort of reason I shouldn't do this?

BTW I'm Collins and I'm new here.

Collins

Vanguard 300WSM

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
collins, welcome to AR. you will find a a great deal of knowlwdge here.
I use an assortment of sharpies. to keep track of loads.
every load work up is identified by color and and by brass weight. it is also recorded in my load manuel and on the box. Try to keep confusion to a minimum
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I personally use yellow stickies. When I'm developing a load, I usually load 5 rounds of each. This fits nicely in one row in my MTM ammo boxes. I then use the yellow stickies to map what I have and where it's located, then leave it in the box with the ammo. Easy to do, cheap, and doesn't mark up my brass. If you don't care about marking your brass, your way is fine.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
I do this all of the time when I am playing w/ diff. loads. Just right the basic info. on ea. case. It rubs off w/ a little steel wool or when you tumble cases. I found this really usefull when I dropped an open MTM box 1/2 full of diff. loads @ the range . It made resorting very easy.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote