THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Portable shooitng bench and portable reloading press

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portable shooitng bench and portable reloading press
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do not have access to a range but plenty of places to shoot. Any suggestions on a portable high quality shooting bench. I would also like to reload out in the field with portable equipment so I can custom tailor my loads in the field.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a guy over on 24hr CampFire that sells the leg kits to make your own the table part is out of 2 pieces of 3/4 Plywood. The kit comes with the template to make the Top .He sells them for $60 shipped.Look through the Forsale over there.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Aero Aces bench is about as good as it gets for a table that is self leveling and stable. You can also buy welded brackets on ebay that save a lot of work. I made mine with thinner material and smaller to save weight, I also used carriage bolts thru the top instead of the wood screws.

http://www.aeroaces.com/bench1.htm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Benchrest-Bench-Rest-Bracket-Kit-fo...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you know the email address or phone number for the guy on the ebay site. I like his bench, but I do not have the time nor expertise to construct one. I would like to contact him and have him build one for me.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I recieved this for a present a few years ago:

Big Game Shooting Bench

I thought it was sort of cheesy to be honest but, I took it to the camp and decided to give it a run. I'm quite impressed with it for a portable and use it quite often when we need to do alittle range work in remote areas. The little prop is useless but, if you stack up some good sand bags on this little bench it is surprisingly stable. One of my relatives liked it so much he borrowed it and sat on the edge of a gas line ROW deer hunting.

I'm not going to say it's the best but, it works and folds up flat for easy storage.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote