Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.400 corbon load
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all. Does anyone have any expierence with loading .400 corbon? I upgraded my 1911 with a barrel and 20 lb spring. The factory corbon ammo shoots fine w/o any problems. I plan on loading 165 grain JHP's since I have a zillion of them. The powders I have on hand are Win 231, 296, Hiskor 700X and 800X. I have not seen any data with any of these powders. Of the four, the 231 should have some data somewhere. I am not against buying a different powder but would like to safely use what I have. Thanks in advance for any help. MB

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Here is a link with some data. However, I found that there was no point in the 165 grain bullet in that caliber as I could never get the velocities that were published. This cartridge really likes the 135 to 155 grain bullets better, and you can realize the potential with the lighter bullets. The 135 grain bullet over N340 is my favorite load. I think the CorBon web site also presents some reloading data.

http://www.dakotaammo.net/products/corbon/caliberloaddata.htm

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote