New
Find
Notify
Tools

lever action rifle(win)
 Login/Join

<toto>
posted
I load the 356win with the 220gr speer and get 2425ft per sec. with 50gr of wc846/blc2 wlr primer. I am always reading that the win. lever action's are weak. They are rated at 52000 cup. I have nothing to indicate high pressure. I dont know if I am over that rating or not. If some one has a program that could give a calculation I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks. fws

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
I have the 356 model 94 also. I shoot 49.5gr of Win 748 with CCI 250 primers and the Speer 220 FP. I get almost 2400 fps with it and no pressures. I have used the same cases for over 6-7 loadings and primer pockets are still very tight. I get sub MOA groups if I let the barrel cool! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
<toto>
posted
Pop thanks for the reply. I just looked in speers manual and they show 51gr of blc2 as max. I have loaded 51gr of wc846 for an average of 2474. I had the best accuracy with 49.5 wqith ave. vel. of 2408. I don't think I need the data after all since looking at the speer manual. Thanks again