New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes Manual No. 3 Revisions
 Login/Join

<Harald>
posted
Anyone who downloaded the corrections posted on the Barnes website some months ago should go back and verify that they have the final revisions. I have cross-checked the data in my new 2nd printing of the No. 3 manual with the information I downloaded back in the Spring and with the new data on the website and it is different, to he tune of max loads for the 7 mm Mag differing by 6 grains or so in some cases. The new data on the website is the same as that in the 2nd printing. Evidently, contrary to their original claim, Barnes decided that some of the load data itself (and not simply the velocities) was in error. I strongly urge anyone who has a 1st printing to either get the new corrections from the website or ask for a 2nd printing from Barnes. They shipped me a new book free of charge. It appears to be squared away in terms of both data and drawings now, although it is always prudent (with any source) to compare with similar load data from other sources and be suspicious of anything that looks out of place or "too good to be true". That's why I like to keep as many manuals around as I can get.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is it with everyone thinking they should make their own loading manual? Sounds like about half of them belong in the trash. It takes a HELL of a lot of work to produce one worth having. [Confused]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
I am familar with the corrected data shown for the 30/06. I commented months ago that it looked very hot at 59 grs of imr 4350 for the 180 gr bullet. The velocity is also hard to believe at 2911 fps which puts it ahead of some .300 magnums.

Of course this is with coated bullets.

I feel that the Barnes Manual #3 is the goat of the year.

The site is http://www.barnesbullets.com/mancorr.html#spr30