7mm 160 Deep-Shoks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am still waiting for the new Speer Deep Shok
bullets in 7mm 160 grain. They were supposed to be
available by mid June 03. I wondered if anyone out
there has found some and where? If so are they
100 count box and how do they shoot? I know they are available in .30 cal. I wonder what is taking so long! BLR7 [Confused]

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
<heavy varmint>
posted
Midway lists them for 15.03 per box of 50.

One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
They come in boxes of 100. How they shoot depends on your gun. Available yet in 7mm?... no idea. I have two 30 cal boxes in 180 and 165 grain.

<heavy varmint>
posted
Again, Midway lists them for $15.03 per box of 50.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavy varmint:

Then dont buy them there, Midsouth has them for $13.77 per 100. [Big Grin] Im sure the 50 is a misprint HV. [Wink]

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavy varmint:

Yeah... I guess the boxes that say "100" aren't really one hundred because Midway says they're fifty...

<heavy varmint>
posted
Sorry, tried to help out and read a misprint [Embarrassed] They also have the 30 caliber Deep Shoks listed as boxes of 50 in the catelog they sent.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Deep-Shoks were first announced around 2000 and then weren't available. Probably due to being in the middle of the purchase of Speer by ATK. I think some of the online stores listed them on their web sites when Speer first announced the Deep-Shoks. Speer was probably going to sell them as 50 per box. Later, when Speer finally started production, they now come in boxes of 100. I think some of the online stores just never went back and updated their product description (quantity) for the Speer Deep-Shoks. I have 5 boxes of the 165gr, .308" Deep-Shoks and they are packaged 100 per box. (These boxes also have the new ATK logo on them indicating that they were produced after the buy out of Speer by ATK.)

Just my opinion / speculation...
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
If anyone would care to click on the package size, inventory, return rate section on the disciption part for that bullet on Midway's website, you'd notice the weight for a box of these is 2.4lbs., 160grs.X100 bullets is 8000grs.=2.4lbs, give or take. 100 count it is. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Speer Deep Shok line of bullets has been
discontinued according to Guy Neil technical
rep for Speer. What a shame to drop such a
promising bullet line. Sorry but that is the
bottom line. BLR7

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does that mean we better but all we can now?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLR7 (Texas Cactus Shooter):
The Speer Deep Shok line of bullets has been
discontinued according to Guy Neil technical
rep for Speer. What a shame to drop such a
promising bullet line. Sorry but that is the
bottom line. BLR7

Well dang! What a shame. The entire Deep-Shok saga seems to have been "on again, off again" for the last couple of years. And Speer even recently updated their web site to show the Deep-Shoks. Oh well.....

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BLR7,
When did that come about? Midway still list the .308 165 with an expected delivery date of 9-5-03. Did they can the hole line or just certain calibers? I guess I cant complain I got two boxs, that should cover a lifetime of big game as long as I watch my sights.

Posts: 107 | Location: Brentwood, CA, USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote