New
Find
Notify
Tools

BACK TO THE .204
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Now that I've received my new Win. brass I would like to know what new loads have been discovered for the .204. Have any of you folks in warmer climates been doing any testing? Would be interested in what's new. Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a Search or Find on any one of the reloading boards or shooting boards and you'll find more .204 Ruger data than you can read in many settings. Also, visit the Hodgdon Web site. They have lots of load data for the .204 Ruger there. IMR has load data, Sierra now has their data available too. It's out there, you just need to do some work to get it.

Catch ya L8R

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Where did you get your win brass?

one of us
posted Hide Post
littledevil, brass is in at Midway. Just got 500 couple of days ago. Thanks for the search idea Silverfox. Now if I can get 20* weather and snow to go away......Smoker

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Smoker
Thanks for the info. I'v been looking on their web site guess I have not been looking in the right place.

one of us
posted Hide Post
littledevil-- Midway USA is completely sold out of the Winchester .204 Ruger brass. It went on sale at about 7:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 3, 2005 and I believe it was completely sold out by the end of the day. Here is what you will see when you get to the .204 Ruger brass listings:

Winchester Brass 204 Ruger Box of 500
Product #: 134177
Our Price: $62.99

I may be into April before Winchester does another run of Winchester .204 Ruger brass. There are brand new WW .204 Ruger casings for sale on ebay. Most of it is selling for right around $28.00 per 100 casings plus around $5.00 shipping. There seem to be some lots of 50, others of 100, but the 200 count lots were gone from ebay the last time I checked. I was fortunate enough to get my order in for 1,000 casings and took delivery of them on Monday, February 7!!!

The 100 casings I have neck sized and trimmed had to be trimmed to about 1.8385" to get them all to the same length. I was hoping that trim length would be at least up to the SAAMI trim length of 1.840", but the tops of the casing necks were taller on one side than the other on lots of these casings.

They do weigh fairly consistently. I had 3 casings in the 95.1 gr. class, 5 or 6 in the 95.5 gr. range. The bulk of these 100 casings weighed right between 95.8 gr. and 96.6 gr. There were three casings that weighed 96.8 to 97.0 gr. If I were a benchrest shooter I might not be extremely happy with the range of weights from 95.1 gr. on up to 97.0 gr., but I think for the prairie dog and predator shooting I do, that 1.9 gr. range will be super good.

Neck thickness measured with my tubing mic was very consistent too.

Catch ya L8R

Posts: 192 | Location: Northwest North Dakota | Registered: 19 June 2004Reply With Quote