New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know anything about this?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sure; we bore scope tank cannon barrels all the time to detect pits in the chrome. On sporting rifles, they are a waste of money, in my opinion. What will you do after you see the inside of your barrel? Shooting results is all that matters; I don't care what the inside of my barrels look like as long as they perform. Now, if you are buying used rifles and want to inspect the bore, might be worthwhile.

Posts: 17157 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
It doesn't tell you what the diameter of the probe is. Might work on shotguns and big bores.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Doubt it will fit in small bores. Other issue is you want a 90 degree view which that does not have. The Hawkeye is the standard for firearm use. Have had one for 10 years or so and in my opinion it is indispensable for me. From cleaning to inspecting used firearms I am interested in.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/gu...1_d_749008461_d_5589

Mac

Posts: 1728 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Chinese websites have heaps of such medical & industrial scopes for low price compared to Hawke.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11017 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote