Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes a good tumbler?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
Who makes a good tumbler for brass ranging from .270 to .470?

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I like my Vibra Shine Vortex. Plenty of room for cases and does a excellent job of shining.I bought it thru Sinclair International.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
How about a substitute for a tumbler? i haven't plugged mine in since I got a Lee Zip Trim and 00 steel wool. Gets them shinier than a tumbler and you can trim and clean a batch in no time. You can get a chamfer for it too, but I stell like to chamfer by hand. Wish someone had told me about them before I spent all that money on a tumbler, walnut medium, additives, mesh sacks, etc. bawling

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
All of the vibrating types do a good job w/ the right media. I have a Thumblers & a Dillon (the BIG one), both work fine.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the large dillon and was reccomended this one from others.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
With little experience though, I have to agree with fredj338.. I think the most important factor is the media.
I bought a Frankford Arsenal thumbler and some fine-grained media. Didn`t work.. I almost returned the thumbler. Then I bought Tuff-nut (walnut) and the cases started to shine like they were supposed to.. Look for one that satisfies your needs on case capasity..

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote