New
Find
Notify
Tools

.25-06 and 75 gr. V-Max
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm not new to reloading however loading for the .25-06 is new to me. I just picked up a Tikka Stainless/Laminated from a local shop. I would like to try the 75 gr. V-Max for coyote this winter and was wondering if anyone has any data for this combination. The rifle has a 1/10 twist so I think I may be hard pressed to find any data. Has anyone ever tried this combo in any .25-06 they have with a similar rate of twist? Thanks in advance for all replies. By the way, I'm obviously not concerned about pelt damage so any light bullet data would be helpful.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of milosmate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bubster:
I'm not new to reloading however loading for the .25-06 is new to me. I just picked up a Tikka Stainless/Laminated from a local shop. I would like to try the 75 gr. V-Max for coyote this winter and was wondering if anyone has any data for this combination. The rifle has a 1/10 twist so I think I may be hard pressed to find any data. Has anyone ever tried this combo in any .25-06 they have with a similar rate of twist? Thanks in advance for all replies. By the way, I'm obviously not concerned about pelt damage so any light bullet data would be helpful.

I shoot the Hornady 75 grain hollow points in my Tikka 25-06.

Win Brass
Win wlr Primer
56 grains of H4831sc
hornady 75 gr Hollow points
It shoots .6 moa consistently
This is a 1-10" twist barrel also
Good luck!!

Posts: 217 | Location: Christchurch,New Zealand | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote