THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Is Gracey the best .223 and .308 volume case trimmer?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Gracey the best .223 and .308 volume case trimmer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Or is there a better one out there?

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
For high volume trimming I would think the Gracey hard to beat. They can be a PITA to get adjusted but once you get it dialed in I can't think of a faster unit. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Giraud is the best stock unit.

I replaced the motors on my Graceys with ones that do 3,000 rpm instead of 1,500. That makes a very good trimmer awesome.

Never use the stock trimmer blades.

B.Jones and Giraud both make aftermarket carbide blades. Those are a necessity.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lawndart:
The Giraud is the best stock unit.

Lawndart, Does Giraud have a website? I don't think I've ever seen one of their trimmers. Jim

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Lawndart, Disregard my last. I found their website. Thanks for the tip. I don't see how I can possibly live without that one piece carbide blade for my Gracey! Thanks again..Jim

"O" = zero

NRA life member

one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree!

Also, I was able to find those motors mentioned on Doug Giraud's site for $88.00 each.
Talk about supercharging the old trimmers.
That makes it much easier on the wrist.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote