Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 8x57 to 9.3
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Harry,
8 to 9.3 will result in shorter brass, just like necking down results in longer brass... a couple firing may being them up to length..

i've got a POT of /06&270 brass, if you want it

jeffe

Posts: 38649 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I usually make mine from 30-06 brass. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Thanks VFR, that's what I wanted to know. Have you shot yours much?

Duh, I guess if it "works fine" the answer is yes. How do you like it?

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Thanks but I have a pot of .270 too. This is a not a x62, its a x57 so I was hoping to avoid a lot of trimming or fireforming. I'm getting a good bit of virgin 9.3x57 brass but I want to save it for actual hunting. I can live with a little shortening; I was really asking abbout headspace I guess. Just didn't say it right.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the M46 Husky in 9.3x57. I bought a bunch of Norma brass from Midway but also necked up 8x57 and it works fine.

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Same with mine; it has the factory peep mounted just behind the charger hump and the rear barrel sight is blanked off; also factory I think. I bought this to keep as-is. Only alteration seems to be a non-factory black pad of some sort.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tiggertate,
The little Husky is a delight to shoot but I haven't had the opportunity to hunt with it as of yet. I use the 250gr Nosler ballistic tips and several different powders. 3031 is one that comes to mind. The receiver has not been D&T'd and I will leave it open sights only.

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In a word, YES

Posts: 42005 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote